When your garage door is damaged, the cost and stress can quickly add up. To avoid further disruption to your daily routine, it is best to have expert repairs done as soon as possible.
So how much does it cost to replace a garage door? Read more as we’ll get into the details of the matter in today’s post.
Common Damages That Can Happen To Your Garage Door
Garage doors offer homeowners convenience, safety, and shelter from the weather conditions; however, they can still experience some damage that requires replacement or repair. The most common types of garage door damage include:
- Warping – When temperatures or humidity vary, warping can occur, causing misalignment of the door.
- Broken Springs – Without a functioning torsion spring, your garage door will be unable to open or close. If yours has broken, replacing it is the only way to ensure that you can continue to use your garage properly.
- Dents Or Dings – These can occur due to accidental impacts or wear and tear over time.
- Misaligned Track – If the tracks are misaligned, your door could potentially jam or be unable to open and close correctly. To avoid this from ever happening, ensure that all of your tracks are in perfect alignment.
Factors That Affect The Cost
When deciding to replace your garage door, it is essential to understand the associated expenses. The cost for this project is determined by multiple components, such as the type of door you select and the complexity of installation. Here, we will provide an estimated price range based on these factors, so that you can plan accordingly:
Type Of Door – When replacing a garage door, your choice of style will be one of the most influential factors in determining the cost. Let’s take a look at some popular alternatives:
- Single-Layer Steel: These doors are an economical choice, with prices ranging from a low of $400 to a high of $900.
- Double-Layer Steel: Featuring an extra layer of insulation, these doors offer increased energy efficiency at a greater cost. Prices range from $800 to a maximum of $1,500.
- Wood: Wooden doors can add a unique charm to your home; however, they require more care and attention than other types of materials. Prices for these majestic features typically vary from $1,000 to $4,000, making them an affordably stylish addition.
- Aluminum: These doors are both lightweight and easy to maintain; however, they may dent easily. The cost of these doors ranges from a moderate $1,500 to $2,000.
Size – The size of your garage door will undoubtedly affect its price. Standard sizes come in a range from 8 feet by 7 feet to 16 feet by 7 feet, but if you need one with custom dimensions, then prepare for a higher cost.
Installation Complexity – The overall cost of installation can be impacted by the complexity of the job. For instance, if you need a new opener or extra framework in preparation for your new door, this could increase the price.
Estimating The Cost
Taking all the variables into account, here is an estimate of what you will have to pay for a new garage door:
– Single-layer steel: $400 – $900
– Double-layer steel: $800 – $1,500
– Wood: $1,000 – $4,000
– Aluminum: $1,500 – $2,000
Please be aware that the prices provided are only estimations, and actual rates may fluctuate depending on your location as well as the company you choose for installation.
Other Costs To Consider
Aside from the expense of buying and installing a new garage door, there could be additional associated costs. Here are some examples to consider:
Removal And Disposal – When replacing your existing garage door, you will likely incur a fee for the removal and disposal of the old one.
Opener Installation – If you have yet to install an automated opener for your garage door, or require repairs before installation, this will incur additional costs.
Additional Work Required – If any additional framing work or repairs need to be done before installation, then this could significantly increase costs as well.
Choosing A Professional Installer
When searching for an installer to install your new garage door, it is essential to consider not only their pricing but also their experience level and reviews from previous clients. By doing so, you can guarantee that the quality of work will be high; this, in turn, helps maximize value over time while lessening any risks connected with lower-quality installations that could end up causing more problems as time goes on, resulting in costly repairs down the line.
Garage Door Specialists serves Oshkosh, WI and nearby areas. So visit their website today the get more information on how they can help you with your garage door problem.
Although garage door replacement can be costly, it doesn’t have to be if you plan ahead. By assessing all potential expenditures associated with the different sizes and varieties offered today, as well as additional services such as disposal fees, one can make an informed choice when selecting a professional installer that provides top-notch service at affordable prices while guaranteeing enduring results without draining your wallet.